Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry TWOsday!

Since Christmas happened to fall on a Tuesday this year, I figured I'd put up a short post about two things inspiring me at the moment. Course, I did go home for the holidays, so I don't want to take too much time away from the festivities of gifts and feasts. Anyone else cook a big feast for their Christmas dinner? You'd think we were feeding an army here, but I won't complain, I love the food!

1) Well it's Christmas time, people! While I'm not a huge fan of the more popular, teeny-bopper-sounding Christmas music and I work in retail so any song about Santa, reindeer, presents, etc. has been overplayed on the satellite radio to the -inth degree, I do, however, have a favorite Christmas song. It's "Carol of the Bells." It literally gives me chills when I hear that song. I love the versions with the choir singing and the rock-themed orchestra playing. To me, that song sums up the excitement and anticipation of Christmas.



2) For my second little bout of inspiration, and since it is Christmas after all, I'm going with a quote from the Bible. It's my favorite and my confirmation verse: John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one cometh unto the Father, but by me." This verse sums up the importance of Christ's birth; without Him and His sacrifice for us, we would not be able to enter the kingdom of God. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, that's part of the wonderful freedoms we take for granted in this country, but for me and hopefully all fellow Christians, the true meaning of gift-giving and the spirit of Christmas is found in Christ. Merry Christmas, y'all, and safe travels!

2 comments: